Welcome to Online Learning at SWC!
Online learning is a dynamic 21st-century part of the college experience. Over 20% of Southwestern College's courses are offered in fully online or hybrid formats, and that number is growing each term. Many of our face-to-face classes use our learning management system to supplement classroom instruction, so online learning technology is fast becoming a key component of onsite coursework as well.
The Online Learning Center at SWC is here to help you navigate the how-to of online learning. We provide training, answer questions, and offer helpful resources that can assist you with mastering Canvas, our learning management system. We're glad you've chosen to take classes at SWC and want you to succeed in the online environment.
Get Started with Online Learning
New to online learning? Read more about:
- what hybrid and fully online classes are and how these classes differ from face-to-face classes held on campus
- how to search for online and hybrid classes in WebAdvisor
You've signed up for an online class at SWC . . . now what?
- check your online readiness
- read more about Canvas student orientations
- take a tour of Canvas, SWC's learning management system, and customize your Canvas settings
Learn what to expect from your online classes:
- before the term starts
- the first day of class
- the first week of class
Everyone needs help with their online courses at some point. Let's get you the support you need!
- how to log in to MySWC to access Canvas
- how to change your MySWC password
- how to get Canvas support
There are several ways to get Canvas-ready at SWC. Take your pick!
Have general questions about your SWC classes or MySWC account access? Admissions is your go-to contact for all questions related to:
- MySWC password, login, and account issues
- transcripts and educational plans
- course credit
Get In Touch with the Online Learning Center
Room 64-344 | Library, 3rd Floor
SWC Chula Vista campus
* We are working remotely for the Summer 2021 term.