The Student Activities Office coordinates events and programs for students.
Students involved in co-curricular activities can have a co-curricular transcript processed. Please contact Jenny Marasigan, firstname.lastname@example.org or in Room 67A-105 to fill out appropriate forms. Please use the campus map for direction.
Lastly, the Office of Student Activities provides support to the Associated Student Organization (ASO), campus clubs and organizations, Health Services, Service Learning, JaguarsServe, and is a good place to obtain general information about campus events, activities and programs and vendor forms. For any questions or inquiries, please email: email@example.com.
We are here to support each of our student’s needs. Chat live on Cranium Café by finding an online staff member below. To learn more, visit the Virtual Welcome Center. Our student service specialists have their hours of availability listed on their profile cards. If a team member's hours are not reflective of their availability, they are likely supporting another student. We give each of our students the individual attention and time they deserve. Thank you for your patience.Video chat with Student Activities Front Desk on Cranium Cafe
Contracts & Forms
Below are Online Request Forms, PDF Forms available and distributed by the Office of Student Activities. Please feel free to contac our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or clarifications.
- SWC Club Charter Information Sheet
- ONLINE SWC Club Charter Application (COVID-19 Version)
- Tracking Sheet: Club Charter Applications (C19)
- SWC Club Activity Request Form (C19 Version)
- Tracking Sheet: Club Activity Requests (C19 Version)
- Voucher Request Form: CASH ADVANCE
- Voucher Request Form: REIMBURSEMENT
- Voucher Request Form: DIRECT PAYMENT
- Voucher Tracking Sheet: (Cash Advance/Reimbursement/DirectPayment)
- SWCCD Campus Use Request Form for Expressive Activities
- SWCCD Excursion Liability Release & Agreement Form
- ASO Contractor Agreement Form
- SWC Student Center Facility Request Form
- ASO FREE Calculator Loan Request Form (C19 Version)
- SWC Commercial Vendor Contract
- ASO Food Handlers Safety Training
- ASO Food Handling Safety Quiz
- ASO Allocations Application Online Form
- ASO Ways & Means Grant Request (Formerly RFF)
SWC Identification Card
*Special Note: This is effective until further notice.
NEED AN SWC ID?
As a result of the campus closure due to health concerns surrounding Covid-19, the Office of Student Activities will not be issuing student ID cards temporarily. This also applies for all Higher Education Centers and Continuing Education.
If you require a student ID card for a specific and verifiable reason, please fill out the: SWC ID Request Form
These requests will be reviewed and cards will be issued on a case-by-case basis.
We thank you for your understanding, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Student Activities.
Requirement to receive an SWC ID under special circumstance:
- Submit a picture of yourself (shoulder and up) against a plain white wall similar
to a DMV style picture.
- You may smile if you would like.
- If you wear eyeglasses and a glare shows, please remove your glasses and retake the picture.
- No sunglasses, beanies, ball cap, or hat are not allowed. If you wear a headdress for religious belief, that will be allowed.
- Submit a picture of a valid picture ID for verification of identity, we only need
one from these:
- California ID or Drivers License
- Any US State ID or Drivers License
- Passport (not expired, US or foreign)
- Sentri Pass
- Previous High School ID
After Verification of Picture ID submitted and quality of picture approved, you will receive an email with the schedule to pick up.
A. Pick up Schedule: Once your SWC ID is ready, you will receive an email as to when you can come to pick it up on campus
Honors & Honor Societies
Students with overall grade point averages of 3.5 or higher on all academic course work are awarded a gold tassel to wear at Commencement. Upon official certification of all academic course work, graduating students are eligible for diplomas and transcripts annotated "with honors."
Co-Curricular & Performance Activities
There's lots of opportunity for you! Co-curricular events include performance and visual arts and athletics. You can participate by enrolling in these specific classes:
- Student art exhibits
- Chamber Singers
- Concert Choir
- Jazz Ensembles
- Dance performance
- The Southwestern SUN Student newspaper
- Competitive speech
- Afro-Cuban Ensemble
- Vocal Jazz Ensemble
- African Drumming & Dancing
Southwestern College student athletic teams achieve national and state conference rankings. Fitness training is offered through the School of Health, Physical Education and Athletics. The aquatics program offers sailing and kayaking and recreational leadership at the Crown Cove Aquatic Center, as well as swimming in our collegiate-competitive pool. Want to compete in intercollegiate athletics? Here's the line up:
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am - 6:30pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 3:00pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed|