DSS offers basic skills and strategy classes. DSS classes provide an opportunity for students to improve academic skills, identify career goals, learn about college resources and participate in exercise science.
- See the Complete DSS Class Descriptions (PDF)
- View the Current SWC Class Schedule
- See the Summer 2021 Personal Development Courses Flyer (PDF)
- See the Fall 2021 Personal Development Courses Flyer (PDF)
Personal Development (PD) classes are designed to help students develop personal skills such as study skills, test-taking strategies, time management, and decision-making skills. Improving those skills will help towards success in college.
Personal Development Classes
Below is a list of DSS credit courses:
- PD 1 Speech Language Hearing Assessment
- PD 7 Memory Skills
- PD 9 Diagnostic Assessment
- PD 12 Oral Language Comprehension Skills
- PD 14 Vocabulary Development and Recall
- PD 18 Adapted Computer Instruction
- PD 21 Adapted Computer Support Lab I
- PD 22 Adapted Computer Support Lab II
- PD 23 Adapted Computer Support Lab III
- PD 89 Fundamentals of Mathematics
- PD 100 Lifelong Success
- PD 101 Orientation to College
- PD 110 College Success Skills
Exercise Science/Specialized (ES/S)
Adapted physical education courses are offered through the Exercise Science program and are adapted to address the individualized needs of students with disabilities. All Exercise Science classes require a Doctor Certification/Medical Release Form (PDF). Exercise Science classes feature activities in personalized fitness, sports, and swimming and are frequently offered in summer as well as in the fall and spring semesters.
- ES/S 106 Adapted Flexibility Fitness
- ES/S 113 A-D Adapted Personalized Fitness
- ES/S 121 A-D Adapted Aquatic Fitness
DSS Noncredit Classes
DSS offers free, noncredit classes that are stronly recommended to prepare you for success in college and after college.
- NC 102 Occupational Opportunities
- NC 103 Stepping Stones to Success in the Workplace
- NC 104 How to Spread the Word of the Professional You
- NC 105 Independance, Social & Study Strategies for Young Adults
- NC 107 Building Social Skills for College
The application to enroll in any DSS noncredit class is available at the DSS Office or online at the Continuing Education website.